Location: Akron, Ohio
Ohio-based Akron Children's Hospital seeks a Child Neurologist to join its expanding Division. Akron Children's Hospital is the largest pediatric healthcare system in Northeast Ohio and is ranked among the best children's hospitals by US News and World Report.
This integrated healthcare delivery system includes:
- Two free-standing pediatric hospitals
- More than 900 providers, who manage 1,000,000+ patient visits annually
- A network of more than 60 primary and specialty care locations
- Robust research and innovation endeavors
The successful candidate will join a dedicated team of thirteen child neurologists and fifteen nurse practitioners who provide services in the Hospital's NeuroDevelopmental Science Center. The Center brings together six pediatric specialties - Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Physiatry, Neuropsychology and Psychology in one physical and functional unit to deliver the best outcomes and quality of life for patients.
This position offers opportunities for:
-  Joining an established team of neurologists, affording exceptional work-life balance
- Outpatient only call - no inpatient of ICU call
-  Active involvement in medical student and resident education academic appointment at Northeast Ohio Medical University is available and commensurate with experience
-  Research and innovation through the Rebecca D. Considine Research Institute and local universities
- * An attractive compensation and benefit package
Requirements include MD or DO degree, board eligibility/certification in Child Neurology and the ability to obtain an active medical license and DEA license in the state of Ohio. Expertise in Movement Disorders, Neonatal Neurology and Intensive Neurocritical Care is preferred.
The Mahoning Valley in Youngstown, Ohio is a medium sized community in northeast Ohio. There are outstanding schools, parks, museums, theaters, art galleries, sport events, golf courses, country clubs, live concert and event venues, biking and hiking trails, lakes and much more provide residents with a dynamic choice of recreational opportunities. This area is successfully transitioning to a technology and knowledge-based economy by leveraging its industrial and academic strengths. In just the last two years, 107 businesses have invested $682 million here, creating over 4500 new jobs.
Interested candidates may contact Jane Hensley, Physician Recruiter at 330-543-3015 or email@example.com.
Akron Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individual with Disabilities.
EEO is the law, please click/copy paste the link below to learn more: