If you would like additional information please contact Andy Roy @ 952-202-0343 directly!
Southwest Medical (SM) is a multi-specialty group of Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, and Physician Assistants consisting of over 300 providers, fourteen clinical locations including nine health care centers, six urgent care clinics, four convenient care centers and an outpatient surgery center. SMA offers patients compassion, innovation, and quality care throughout southern Nevada. SMA is headquartered in the greater Las Vegas, NV area.
$100,000.00 Sign on Bonus
Southwest Medical is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
In this position you will work with other physicians in teams but manage your own panel of patients Monday-Friday.
The patient population is an adult panel of all ages including geriatrics and some older adolescents and can be customized for interest areas. Our seniors have the convenience of our new Lifestyle Centers. Work in attractive/modern buildings and enjoy an electronic medical record environment. Full time management staff, digital radiology and onsite laboratory services add conveniences at our 14 clinic locations throughout the Las Vegas area.
This is an employed practice position with Southwest Medical . We offer patient care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective for the treatment of health problems and the promotion of health. Our employees work with professionalism, as manifested through a commitment to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles, and sensitivity to a diverse patient population.
We run a systems-based practice, as manifested by actions that demonstrate an awareness of and responsiveness to the larger context and system of health care and the ability to effectively call on system resources to provide care that is of optimal value.
We offer an attractive base salary, sign on bonus, bonus plan, and comprehensive fringe benefits package, including medical, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, professional liability, matching 401K, relocation costs, three weeks paid vacation, one week paid CME with $3500 allowance, and eight paid holidays. Differential for supervision of extenders.
Top reasons to live in Las Vegas, Nevada:
- 300+ days of sunshine, annual average temperature of 70 degrees, beautiful desert flowers and red rock canyons
- The best of superstar shows, concerts, sporting events, restaurants and shopping available 365 days a year!
- NO STATE INCOME TAX, affordable housing, wonderful recreation available: Red Rock Canyon, Lake Mead, Grand Canyon, Colorado River, Lake Powell, Mt. Charleston (11,000 ft elevation) are all nearby; Las Vegas is situated a short distance from 10 Scenic National Parks; Las Vegas is also a Golfers Paradise with 40+ neighborhood and championship courses
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Family Medicine Residency trained, board certified or board eligible; ability to obtain Nevada license, DEA, Pharmacy license
- Medical knowledge about established and evolving biomedical, clinical, epidemiological and social behavioral sciences and application of this knowledge to patient care
- Interpersonal and communication skills that result in effective information exchange and collaboration with patients, their families and other health professionals
- Possession of or acquisition of sufficient computer skills to effectively utilize Electronic Medical Records in their practice
- Practice-based learning and improvement that involves investigation and evaluation of their own patient care, appraisal and assimilation of scientific evidence and improvements in patient care
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Nevada residents is $225,900.00 to $315,100.00. The range and pay mix of base and bonus is variable based upon experience and metric achievement. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Family Medicine, Family Practice, Las Vegas, Nevada, Southwest, Adult Medicine, Hospitalist, NV