Dignity Health Medical Group - Arizona and the Orthopaedic Trauma Department is actively seeking an Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon to join their busy and established team.
- Based out of St. Joseph Hospital Medical Center (SJHMC)
- Fellowship Training in Orthopaedic Trauma
- Leadership positions encouraged
- Work Schedule 1:5 call
- Full APP call coverage 24/7
- Dedicated Ortho Trauma OR room 7 days/week
- Academic Position with Creighton Medical School-Phoenix
- MD or DO Degree and Board Certification
- Must have or be eligible for Arizona State medical licensure
- Successful completion of an ACGME accredited residency program with current ABMS Board Certification
- A passion for providing clinically excellent care
- Ability to achieve full and unrestricted hospital privileges at Dignity Health Arizona hospitals
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits package
- Sign on Bonus/Relocation
- Fully covered Life and disability insurance
- Fully Funded pension in addition to 403(b)
- CME benefits
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 571-bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. Founded in 1895 by the Sisters of Mercy, St. Joseph's was the first hospital in the Phoenix area, is the flagship hospital of Dignity Health, and a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health system in the US. More than 125 years later, St. Joseph's remains dedicated to its mission of caring for the poor and underserved. The Dignity Health Cancer Institute is a new, 220,000 square foot dedicated, comprehensive, outpatient cancer center on the Phoenix Biomedical Campus, approximately 2 miles from St. Josephs campus.
We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality quaternary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, Norton Thoracic Institute, Dignity Health Cancer Institute, Ivy Brain Tumor Center, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is certified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro-rehabilitation, orthopedics, heart and vascular and other medical services. Dignity Health St. Josephs also has a robust Destination Medicine program and is a sought-after destination for treating the most complex cases from throughout the world. Every day, approximately 20 percent of the hospitals patients have traveled from outside of Arizona and the United States to seek treatment at St. Josephs.
U.S News & World Report routinely ranks St. Joseph's among the top hospitals in the United States for neurology and neurosurgery. In addition, St. Joseph's boasts the Creighton University School of Medicine at St. Joseph's, and a strategic alliance with Phoenix Children's Hospital.
Dignity Health Medical Group is the employed physician group serving the Arizona Service Area. Covering over 45 practice sites, complementing clinical services with translational and bench research, our integrated medical group employs in excess of 250 healthcare providers throughout the valley. Dignity Health Medical Group is continuously expanding in order to meet the needs of the growing patient population in Arizona. With a unified vision of becoming an organization where physicians, care teams and staff come to do their best work--and patients come for the best care--Dignity Health Medical Group is searching for exceptional talent that is patient focused and team-oriented, who can become a part of our mission-driven organization
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe, and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners, and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizonas Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nations highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves, and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl
- Home of the Phoenix Open and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The Best Mexican Food North of the Border
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Childrens Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet, and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Healths St. Josephs Hospital and Medical Center - home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.