Optum Colorado is looking for a BC/BE Family Medicine Physician for our Lakeview Family Medicine location in Littleton, CO.
We believe the Primary Care Physician is the foundation of every highly functioning and affordable healthcare delivery team. This position will see all ages. We are open Family Medicine physicians that are passionate about providing high-quality care and building deep relationships with their patients. Our care model tracks results and gives our doctors incentives to deliver better care.
Our approach to care uses the primary care provider’s office as the center of a patient’s care. Our providers work as a team, coordinating with specialists, nutritionists, social workers, behavioral health professionals, pharmacist clinicians, and many others. The full care team includes nurses, medical assistants, and ancillary staff that work with you to ensure you are able to practice at “Peak Of License”.
Optum is a family of more than 53,000 doctors and 1,450 neighborhood clinics across the country. We work together to help over 19 million people live healthier lives — in-person or virtually. Our goal as an organization is to transform healthcare nationally, while providing Physician-led care locally. Our distinctive culture and set of capabilities enable independent physicians to succeed in value-based models of care and fulfill the Quadruple Aim of high-quality, high-value services, and outstanding patient and provider experience. To learn more about our growing presence: Click Here
- EMR – Allscripts
- Dragon and AI charting available
- Practice Manager on-site
- Dedicated support, so clinicians can focus on practicing at “Peak of License”
- Each clinician has a dedicated MA
- Possibility of 4-day work week
- 32 Patient Contact Hours / 4 Admin Hours
- 2000 Average Patient Panel per Physician
- Full spectrum of primary care procedures
- Weekday Call: Average once a month/starting at 5pm
- Weekend Call: Average 1 to 2 per year
- Average/Goal of 18 - 20 patients per day
- The culture is one of cohesion and clinic transformation
- We are influencing change on a national scale while still maintaining the culture and community or our local organizations
As an employer of choice, we offer a full comprehensive range of benefits and attractive compensation package:
- Guaranteed base salary for two years
- Quality and productivity bonuses available
- Competitive sign-on bonus
- Med/Den/Vis, STD, LTD, 401k with match
- Professional liability at no cost to clinician
- PTO accrual model with the ability to borrow future PTO
- CME Reimbursement & Time Off
- Stock Purchase Option/Executive Savings Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™: In-home back-up child and adult/elder care
- Bright Horizons College Coach™: Tuition Payment Planning & More
- Stride Well-being Programs to help with health and lifestyle goals
- Physician Partnership Program
- As a Primary Care Physician, you will provide full scope primary care services
- Examine diagnose and treat patients for acute and chronic conditions or concerns injuries, infections, and illnesses
- Counsel and educate patients and families about acute and chronic conditions or concerns
- Complete timely and thorough documentation using our EMR system
- Formulate diagnostic and treatment plans
- Prescribe and administer medications, therapies, and procedures
- Order lab and imaging tests to determine and manage an immediate treatment plan and provide advice on follow up
- Responsible for the coordination of care with specialists and appropriate ancillary services
- Completes all documentation and paperwork in a timely manner
- Maintain quality of care standards as defined by the practice
- Supervise Physician Assistants / Nurse Practitioners as needed
- M.D. or D.O.
- Must have completed an accredited residency in Family Medicine
- Must be board certified in FM or Board Eligible for Medical Residents
- Active Colorado Medical License or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Active DEA or ability to obtain prior to employment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience in providing patient care under a population health model
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $225,900 to $315,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.