Providence is calling a Physical Therapy Assistant to Providence Tanasbourne Medical Plaza in Hillsboro, OR.
We're Growing! This position wil l support the efforts to expand our Sports Specialty practice at the Tanasbourne Rehabilitation Clinic with 3* *other sports therapists. Including representing Providence at community events, as well as holding screening clinics for high school athletes. And finding ways to grow this specialty practice.
As a member of the Providence Sports Therapy Program you will have the opportunity to share best practices, learn new things happening in this specialty, and collaborate with other Sports Therapists throughout the Oregon region. This program allows you to stay ahead of your practice, as well as support and collaborate with other therapists.
If you have a passion for growing a Sports Therapy program then this is the opportunity for you. Apply today!
In this position you will:
- Work under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist.
- Provide skilled physical therapy to patients/clients with a wide variety of diagnoses and disabilities, taking into account individual patient's special physical or age-related needs.
- Utilize skills in patient/client treatment, as well as professional consultations to achieve maximum patient/client independence in accordance with individual's functional level and potential.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Degree from an accredited Physical Therapist Assistant Program
- Current Physical Therapist Assistant licensure through the State of Oregon -or- temporary license if new graduate awaiting licensing exam results
- America Heart Association Basic Life Support (AHA BLS) -or- American Red Cross Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)/Automated External Defibrillator (AED) for Medical Professionals within 30 days of hire
- Ability to travel between sites in a timely manner as assigned
- Occasionally a position will require specialized physical therapist assistant training or experience to meet a particular department need
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Req ID: 137951