Providence is calling a Chief Clinical Officer CMO, Southern CA, Los Angeles Market
In this position you will:
· Be a demonstrated mission/ministry leader who actively supports and incorporates the Mission and Core Values into daily activities of programs and services. Treat all others with respect and demonstrates through leadership excellence, justice, and compassion in daily work and relationships with others. Ability to articulate the mission of the Providence Health System to employees, physicians, and other providers and groups.
· Work with other entities including the Physician Alignment Council within the California region to recruit physicians into the groups and into other key positions.
· Participate in the design and implementation of telehealth strategies including e-visits, My Providence functionality, post-acute and acute services (telehospitalist, telestroke,etc.) and patient education portals for specialists, primary care, and hospitalists practices as well as health system services.
· Execute tightly aligned physician strategies for physicians in clinical programs and center of excellence to develop and implement evidence based care pathways and guidelines for employed specialists and primary care physicians.
· Set parameters, assist in the negotiation and administration of medical director contracts, compensation and benefits for aligned physicians including performance evaluations and counseling.
· Evaluate and develop physician business development opportunities that may have strategic impact.
· Responsible for compliance, regulatory and data security and other areas of risk management in areas of accountability.
· Integrate physician alignment strategies with clinical program outreach and development as well as integrate private practice and aligned specialist with clinical transformations economic and strategic initiatives.
· Accountable for strategic growth, development and operations of post-acute services
· Maintain and assure the confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information.
· Oversee the activities of the Regional Clinical Programs within California in cooperation with the Administrative Dyad partner.
· Supervise the Regional Care Coordination program administrated by the Chief Care Management Officer.
· Supervise the Regional Clinical Research program in concert with the Regional Clinical Programs Services.
· Integrate transformative changes and standardized clinical practices into care delivery in PHSCA.
· Accountable for ensuring the performance of the Clinical Informatics team is aligned with the strategic direction and meets the needs of the clinical services within PHSCA.
· Actively participate in the System-level strategic discussions on the Quality Strategic Plan, Information System integration and other areas as requested by System leadership.
· Demonstrate service excellence and positive interpersonal relations in dealing with others, including patients/families/members, employees, managers, medical staff, volunteers and community members, so that productivity and positive relations are maximized.
· Determine and implement the organizational structure required to direct and manage clinical services in PHSCA
· Develop networks and relationships with community leaders, board members, physicians, and other providers to enhance the health services provided to individuals and communities.
· Provide vision, leadership, organization skills, developmental skills, and management skills to aligned primary care, hospitalist, and other physician practices.
· Provide leadership and oversight to assure improvement in the Quality and Patient Safety performance in the California Region in areas where physicians have influence. Assure the appropriate use of metrics and evidence-based medicine guidelines in the employed physician division.
· Oversee the activities of Providence Partners for Health in concert with the PPH Board. Be an active member of the PPH Board.
· Interface with physicians throughout the medical staffs of the Providence Health System organizations in California to assure a smooth implementation of primary care practice, specialist, hospitalist, and teaching clinic models and ongoing support.
· Identify and develop physicians for leadership roles with increasing responsibility in Providence Health and Services.
· Be able to lead complex organizations through a transition process to create one integrated organization. Problem‑solver who involves others in key decisions but assures timely decisions are made.
· Have the ability to educate others about the process of change and the necessity of change.
· Ability to establish relationships with diverse groups; strong communication, and good listening skills.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of the trends and changes taking place in health care and their implications including knowledge and impact, guidance and advice on a local and national level in health care reform legislation.
Required qualifications for this position include:
· Graduate of a Medical School recognized by the Council of Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association.
· License to practice medicine in the State of California.
· Eight to ten years of increasingly responsible leadership experience in a physician group practice, medical staff organization, and/or health system with an emphasis on standardization and innovative care models and clinical quality.
· A minimum of 5 years of physician practice.
· Three to five years of experience as a leading executive in a large complex operations.
About the Region you will serve:
The roots planted by Providence Health & Services nearly 70 years ago in Southern California run deep and have spread over the decades to bring all facets of health care to communities stretching from the arid valleys of northern Los Angeles County to the shore.
Anchored by six award-winning comprehensive medical centers, Providence Health & Services, Southern California (Providence Southern California), provides a full spectrum of care that includes not only leading-edge diagnostics and treatment, but outpatient health centers, the well-regarded Facey Medical Group and the South Bay's Providence Medical Institute physician group, numerous outreach programs and clinics serving those in need, hospice and home care and even Providence High School in Burbank, with its Blue Ribbon college-preparatory curriculum.
Providence embraces innovation and technology and is known for outstanding programs in cancer, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, women's services, emergency and trauma care, pediatrics and neonatal intensive care. With more than 20,000 employees, physicians and volunteers, Providence remains committed to its core values of respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship.
The Southern California Region with a $2.3 billion budget for 2016 offers a full range of services to the residents of Southern California and is composed of three geographically-focused service areas: the San Fernando Valley, the Westside Communities and the South Bay.
The region is composed of the following ministries:
San Fernando Valley:
·* *Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, with 446 licensed beds, is the second largest hospital serving the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys. Founded in 1943 by the Sisters of Providence, Providence Saint Joseph is known for its state-of-the-art technology and high quality, compassionate care. The Burbank hospital, the first Providence ministry in Southern California, also offers services through its Roy and Patricia Disney Family Cancer Center, Heart Center, Hycy & Howard Hill Neuroscience Institute, Orthopedics Department, Women's Services and Breast Health Center.
·* *Providence Holy Cross Medical Center is a 377-bed Magnet facility. The hospital's signature service is its renowned Emergency and Trauma care, but Providence Holy Cross also offers a full range of specialties including oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, women's services, neonatology, acute rehabilitation and sub-acute care. And Providence Holy Cross operates outpatient centers in two neighboring communities and educational outreach to young families.
·* *Providence Tarzana Medical Center, which joined Providence in 2008, is a 249-bed facility with an active medical staff of more than 900 physicians. The medical center established the Women's Pavilion & Resource Center in 1983, which provides women's health and maternity care in one central location. The medical center partners with the famed Children's Hospital Los Angeles in operating its pediatrics department, pediatric ICU and one of the largest neonatal intensive care units in the San Fernando Valley.
·* *The San Fernando Valley also includes Providence Saint Elizabeth Care Center, a 52-bed skilled nursing facility in North Hollywood; Providence Health Center, which includes the Cancer Center; Providence Holy Cross Imaging Center; Santa Clarita Surgery Center and Providence Laboratory Services.
South Bay Communities:
·* *Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance features 442 acute care beds, with more than 900 active medical staff and 2,000 employees. The hospital has enhanced many of its specialties with advanced robotic surgeries and continues to expand a Heart Center that features advanced diagnostics and treatment around-the-clock; Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance has one of the area's first Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) with private room to encourage family interaction and bonding.
·* *Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 356-bed facility founded in the 1920s. While the hospital offers a full range of specialties, it has numerous signature service including addiction medicine, psychiatric care and a Center for Optimal Aging to guide the elderly through physical, mental, legal and financial issues. Providence Little Company of Mary San Pedro is a true community hospital, known for quality care and outreach in the community.
·* *The South Bay also includes three outpatient diagnostic centers, three urgent care centers, an alternative care center, sub-acute and transitional care, chemical dependency and rehabilitation programs, and physician services.
·* *The newest member of the Providence Southern California family is Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica. The 266-bed hospital in Santa Monica was founded by the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth. Saint John's has been serving the Santa Monica and Westside communities since 1942 and is home to the John Wayne Cancer Institute, one of the leading cancer research centers in the nation. The hospital provides a full range of care including cardiology, orthopedics and women's care.
Other entities within Providence Health & Services, Southern California:
·* *Providence Partners for Health (PPH) is a physician-led and governed organization for clinical integration that is designed to advance excellent care by enabling independent physicians to collaborate with Providence Southern California to achieve improved quality, efficiency, and coordination of care across the continuum to benefit patients in the communities it serves. PPH is a joint venture owned equally between physicians and Providence, with a total of 1,107 physicians representing a wide array of specialties.
·* *Providence TrinityCare Hospice provides a full range of palliative care, hospice care and compassionate support to patients and their families. Services are provided for both adults and children – Providence TrinityKids Care is the only dedicated pediatric provider of palliative and hospice services for children in Los Angeles and Orange counties.
·* *Founded in 1995 to provide high quality, cost effective and compassionate health care, Providence Medical Institute is a nonprofit physician services organization providing primary care and a comprehensive range of specialty and hospital-based services. Currently, the medical groups affiliated with Providence Medical Institute comprise more than 260 providers in 44 medical offices.
·* *In 2012, Providence Southern California affiliated with Facey Medical Foundation and Facey Medical Group. The Facey Medical Foundation is a nonprofit medical foundation of 181 physicians operating in 11 clinics in the San Fernando and Santa Clarita valleys and in Simi Valley.
·* *Providence High School is a Catholic college preparatory school with specialized focus student programs in visual and performing arts, media, technology and health care. The current student enrollment is 419 students. The high school was founded in 1955 by the Sisters of Providence and is part of a rich tradition of education ministries supported by Providence Health & Services.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Director / Executive
Req ID: 138544