Where You Work Matters\!
For over 100 years, Swedish Medical Center's number one priority has been caring for the communities that we serve by consistently delivering the highest quality, most comprehensive care to our patients\. To continue in this tradition we are seeking outstanding individuals with demonstrated excellence in Perioperative Nursing who would like to be considered for a New to Specialty CVOR \(Cardiovascular Operating Room\) Training Program\.
The CVOR Cardiac 101 Training Program is designed to prepare nurses who have demonstrated 3 or more years of general Operating Room competence for a successful career working in the CVOR at the Swedish Heart and Vascular Institute at Cherry Hill\.
To be considered for this New to Specialty CVOR Training Program you must:
- Be a licensed RN with a degree from an accredited nursing program
- You can verify your program's eligibility herehttp://ccne\.desertrose\.net/reports/accprog\.aspor herehttp://www\.acenursing\.net/accreditedprograms/directorySearch\.htm
- Have a minimum 3 years recent RN experience in an intraoperative setting \(inpatient OR experience preferred\)
- Possess an active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington \(required prior to start date\)
- Willingness to commit a minimum of 2 years full\-time employment upon completion of the CVOR Cardiac 101 Training Program
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire\.· A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN· Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current BLS certification
- Strong preference will be given to graduates of accredited BSN programs
- Working knowledge of CVOR specific equipment
- Previous scrubbing experience preferred
- Cardiovasculor Operating Room \(CVOR\) experience
About the Cherry Hill Campus\.
What is now known as the James Tower at Swedish/Cherry Hill Campus was home to the first hospital in Seattle, established in 1877 by the Sisters of Providence, a Catholic charity\. On July 1, 2000, the 385\-bed tertiary\-care center previously known as Providence Seattle Medical Center became part of the Swedish health\-care system\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services \(Intraop\)
Req ID: 105449