Where you work matters\! Swedish Medical Center is looking for a On Call Scheduler to work Day Shift for the Medical Imaging at Swedish Redmond in Redmond, WA\.
The Scheduler is responsible for scheduling outpatient imaging services for CT, MRI, Ultrasound, and Radiology\. In addition, they schedule all imaging services that are generated through the emergency department\.
In this position you will:
- Coordinate Imaging Services exams with other hospital departments, physician offices and prepare daily schedule for distribution\.
- Follow up on patient orders and referrals to facilitate making the correct appointment\.
- Make appointment reminder calls, giving directions and instructions on patient prep, also obtaining appropriate lab information\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Associate degree or equivalent from a two year college or technical school with emphasis in healthcare or six months to one year related experience and/or training in health care related field
- Medical imaging experience
- Medical Terminology Certification or successful completion of a Medical Terminology course within six months from date of hire
- Minimum of one year related experience in a healthcare setting
About Swedish Shared Services
Swedish is the largest, most comprehensive, nonprofit health provider in the Greater Seattle area\. Our expanding network of facilities currently includes three hospital locations in Seattle, a hospital in Edmonds and the new Swedish Issaquah campus\. It also consists of Swedish Medical Group's network of primary care clinics, and affiliations with suburban hospitals and specialty clinics throughout Greater Seattle\.
Each campus has a local operations leadership team, supported by centrally located and led corporate services, such as Human Resources, Financial and Information Services\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 128924