Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work in the Recovery PACU at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
The PPACU \(Pre/Post Anesthesia Care Unit\) Registered Nurse \(RN\) assumes leadership, responsibility and accountability for designated patients in the pre\-operative, post\-operative Phase I Recovery and post\-anesthesia Phase II Recovery units\.
In this position you will:
- Assess patient prior to procedure, reviewing patient identification, consent, physical and psychological health status, allergies, and readiness for surgery\.
- Review data collected, pertinent health history, physician orders, and patient needs to formulate and prioritize a plan of care\.
- Monitor patient vital signs, adapting readily to changing situations\.
- Provide for patient safety throughout the PACU experience \(phase 1 & 2\)
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Licensed as Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing must obtain a Bachelor's degree in Nursing or higher within 6 years of hire
- A RN with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Exceptions will be considered on a case\-by\-case basis at each facility by the most senior administrative nursing leader in consultation with the Human Resources leader
- Current Basic Life Support Certification \(BLS\)
- Current ACLS Certification
- Current PALS Certification
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department \(PACU\) of hire or completion of the specialty residency located at that facility
About the Issaquah Campus\.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Surgical Services \(Intraop\)
Req ID: 144960